Saturday, April 4, 2009

Five Part Mini Course on Baking for Profit -Part 1

As a mom of 11 children I have learned to be thrifty. I have also learned that sometimes being thrifty is not enough. Through the years there were times I needed to supplement our income without sacrificing our family. As we were working through a time when we needed to supplement our income, my mother suggested baking.

My parents owned and operated a bakery for many years so this suggestion was close to home. I already knew how to bake. My mother walked me through what to bake and how to price my baked goods. I have now used this information for many years. This has proven to be a wonderful way to supplement our income without leaving my children. Not only did this give me the opportunity to earn money from my home but it also gave me a good return for the time invested.

In this five part mini-course I will show you how to start making money from your home kitchen today.

In just a few hours a month you can make $500 - $1000 or more.

Part 1 What equipment will you need?
Part 2 What will you bake for profit?
Part 3 Where do you find customers?
Part 4 How do you calculate costs and profits?
Part 5 How do you include your family?


Part 1
What equipment do you need?

Using basic equipment found in most home kitchens you can begin to make a profit today!
Some basic equipment:
It may be obvious - you will need an oven,
a mixer - a commercial mixer is totally unnecessary (I have one which I rarely use). Any mixer will be a great benefit. I have a Bosch which is great for bread baking, a Kitchen Aid, and my very first hand mixer which is 20+ years old. If you haven’t purchased one yet you might want to consult www.urbanhomemaker.com for info on some great mixers.
Some things which will be helpful and are usually found in most kitchens.

A large bowl, measuring cups, and spoons, a cookie sheet, loaf pan or if not you can free form your loaves, muffin pan, cake pans -round, 13X9,(Use what you have!) and
a scale will be a great addition to your baking business. It will give you accuracy and consistency in your products.

I recommend that you start with what you have on hand and then add equipment as your business grows.

Next time we will discuss What to Bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Followers