Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Baking for Profit Five Part Mini Course Part 5

Part 5
How do I include my family in my baking business?
A. How about advertising? Designing your handouts. Handing out papers in your neighborhood.
How about creative delivery? I know of some children who have a cute little wagon and pony and deliver in their neighborhood and small town on a certain day of the week. (In costume of course). What about that little red wagon? Do they drive? What about the Amish with their little huts by the road? They have plenty of business.
Sales -teens are great at taking orders for special baking days like Valentines or Christmas. I give them a certain percentage of their orders.
Baking - train them to do the baking
Decorating cakes - let them take a class with you or alone and put them in charge of decorating.
Do not discount dishwashing and kitchen clean up. I do not pay my children for chores. However, if my baking for profit requires extra work for them then I try to pay them some too!
Taste Testers- You have your own built in test kitchen and taste testers so make use of that.

This is a great business to include pre-teens and teens in.

Any unanswered questions? Want to know more? Contact me at..... redaredding@gmail.com

This concludes my 5 part mini course.

If you would like more information you might be interested in my ebook on Baking for Profit. It includes this information as well as much much more. I include the actual recipes I have used in my home baking as well as many suggestions on making profit from your home kitchen. I tell you what time of year to sell which items. I give time saving shortcuts too! Many of my items take less than 30 minutes to complete. I tell you how to make a great profit in just a few hours a month. I also tell you how to fit baking in with everything else you already do. Happy baking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Followers